Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Perfectionism

Even though I'm sick, tired, and sick and tired, I still want to be perfect in so many ways.

Are you a perfectionist? You should know. If you don't, perfectionists are "people who strive to meet very high standards in many things they do, be it in the workplace, in sport, cooking or a hobby."

There are two types: normal perfectionists and neurotic perfectionists.

Normal perfectionists set high standards for themselves, but drop them in certain circumstances.

Neurotic perfectionists are never happy with what they're doing or what they've accomplished. They also will not change their habits under any circumstance and are constantly very self-critical.

Normal perfectionists are usually successful because their high standards of operation are important in careers such as sports, acting, banking, and accounting. Unfortunately, neurotic perfectionists never feel adequately satisfied, which can lead to other disorders such as depression, anxiety, and even drug or alcohol addiction.

Here are two things I like near-perfect whether I'm sick or well: my workout and the kitchen's tidiness (hey, I love waking up and walkind downstairs to a nice and clean kitchen.) Normal or neurotic?

1 Comments:

Blogger ellyt said...

Way Normal....
I love the tidiness in the morning...it gives my day a much better start than smelling yesterday's greasy pans.

Have you ever thought how disgusting that cold greasy fat is while you are eating it the night before it gets cold and greasy?

Ok...enough of that image.
I love you Ernie....when do you want to have some Mish Mash soup (send me your DC address).

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home