Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I Am Not Nicole Richie.

But her and I may have something in common. I don't know what to call it- maybe an eating disfunction, an eating disorder, or just a weird thing I have because of my brain tumor. But whatever you call it, it certainly is a problem.

I have no sense of an appetite. My brain or stomach cannot recognize when I should eat. Most of the time, I "feel" full, like I just finished eating. The only time I recognize when I should eat is when I am so tired and completely lethargic, or if I bite someone's head off by being short or saying something mean that came from nowhere.

And when I eat, I don't eat a lot. I sit at the table, slowly munching, because the little food that's in my mouth feels like a lot.

Paul, my sister, and my mom, know about it. They check in with me constantly to find out what time I had something to eat, and how much food was it.

It's tough. I'd try to explain how the desire for fried fatty food comes into play with this, but I'm just way too tired right now.

Perhaps it's time to eat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home