Sunday, April 01, 2007

Straight Shootin'

Instead of copying and pasting yet another hideous purse, I thought I would take a break from the bagging and just start gabbing.

I was around a bunch of people this morning who talked about their birthdays and how their disfunctional families celebrate it. One guy said that he and his parents haven't spoken to each other in three years and the only communication is through obligatory birthday cards. Another person said that her annual birthday call from her mom involves a sermon on how a good daughter finds a husband, serves him faithfully, and has children for the sole purpose of honoring the grandparents. Still another friend of mine said his birthday is difficult because it's the day that his ex chose to break up with him two years ago.

I just listened to their stories for a while, but I finally opened my mouth and said that I'm not even sure whether I will be alive to celebrate my next birthday.

Man, that made the room awkward and quiet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben Calhoun said...

Ernie,

I couldn't agree w/you more.

Priorities- let's discuss the definition, please!!!

Good show!

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home