Tuesday, December 19, 2006

"Less Than A Year"

That's how long the doctors said I had to live when I spoke to them this past summer.

I now wonder whether they're right. I heard something yesterday from a set of parents that got my head thinking: their daughter was born with cystic fibrosis and according to doctors, she wouldn't live to be ten years old. They were wrong, she lived many years later.

This Christmas is hitting me differently because it could be my last. I've done some things a little differently: I spent more than I normally do on a couple of people on my list, I've been reflecting more on what Christmas really is, and I think a lot about the loved ones in my life.

Will I make it through to Christmas 2007? The only one who really knows is God.

That, my friend, is where Ernie's head is tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home