Sunday, September 24, 2006

RRL-y?


I had a great time in NYC. One of my stops was Double RL, Ralph Lauren's division store that specializes in western style/dungaree clothing. And while I always knew about the label, I looked at the apparel with different eyes.

I saw a lot (and I mean a lot) of washed-out flannel and sweaters. Average price per item: $150. But these shirts had nothing to identify it, no logos or marks on the outside making it different than something you find at a yard sale or thrift shop. The labels on the inside of the clothing was small and of course, something other people couldn't see.

Other fashion houses such as Prada, Calvin Klein and even Ralph Lauren's Purple Label don't have logos on the outside of most of their shirts and clothing, but you can tell there's something clearly different about it, such as the cut of clothing, material, or the stitching that makes it distinct.

Not at Double RL. Maybe that's the whole point. Guess I am truly a label 'ho.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home