Monday, July 09, 2007

Where's Ernie Eating?


This is my favorite restaurant, Ted's Montana Grill. I know. (Who's Ted? What's so great about this place?) First of all, it's Ted Turner. Second, they serve bison. (Ew! Sounds gross! You're weird, Ernie!)


Bison, or buffalo meat is first of all, ultra-low in fat:


Beef, Choice- 24 grams of fat

Swordfish- 4 grams of fat

Chicken breast, no skin- 3 grams of fat

Turkey breast, no skin- 2 grams of fat

Bison- 1.84 grams of fat


All per 4 oz. serving, compiled from USDA records.


Second, bison tastes wonderful. It's not gamey or strange-tasting. It's a juicier, tastier meat, even compared to a filet mignon. (My mouth is watering as I type this!)


Ted's serves up awesome and delicious bison burgers, which is the only thing I order, cooked medium, served on an oatie-wheat bun. With lettuce and tomato, and a little A-1 steak sauce, it is to die for. And it's served with some fresh-cut Idaho fries.


If you have a Ted's near you, I highly recommend you going and trying their bison burger for yourself. I go to mine nearly twice a week. I think you'll be quite impressed.


(And let me know when you go- I may try meeting you there.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home